Friday, January 15, 2021
InvestUP / MEDC GRANT
The State of Michigan has allocated $55 million to implement the Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program to support the needs of Michigan businesses that have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus and the Gatherings and Mask Order. The grant application will be live starting at 8:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, January 19th and will close on Friday, January 22 at noon ET. Businesses will need a Connect Space account to apply and can sign up prior to the application date on the website. Learn more here.
Monday, January 11, 2021
Payment Protection Program (PPP) Loans
Range Bank continues to be there for the small businesses in our communities. As such, Range Bank will once again be offering SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans. While the SBA has opened the program to select lenders, community banks do not meet those qualifications. It is anticipated that the program will be open for community banks in the next 5 to 10 days. Customers with a current PPP loan through Range Bank will be receiving an email with information about applying for a second draw PPP loan. Additional details about the program can be found at https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program. We look forward to working with you and are proud to be of assistance during these trying economic times.
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT INFORMATION
In preparation for receiving the latest round of Economic Impact Payments, we wanted to share some important information with our customers:
- You can setup balance and transaction alerts to notify you when your balance goes above or below a certain amount, as well as if you have a transaction clearing your account at a particular threshold. From the Dashboard on your digital banking profile, choose the account you would like to be alerted on. Under ‘Alert Preferences,’ you can add both balance and/or transaction alerts to notify you if you have transactions that meet your criteria posting to your account. If you need assistance setting up alerts, please feel free to start a Conversation with us through digital banking, or by contacting us at (877) 441-4042.
- We receive files three times a day that could contain Economic Impact Payments – our first file is received early in the morning, with the last file coming in at 3:30PM ET. At these processing times, new pending electronic transactions are reflected in your account. Keeping this in mind will allow you to more easily manage your account. This also reduces the load on our system, preventing widespread slow down of our digital banking platform – allowing everyone to continue to do their banking when & where it is convenient for them!
- The IRS has created the Get My Payment website regarding Economic Impact Payments. While the system is temporarily offline in preparation of the new legislation regarding Economic Impact Payments, this is a quick and easy way to find out up-to-date information regarding Economic Impact Payments. Here is a link to the IRS’s website: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
Thursday, December 10, 2020
PURE MICHIGAN SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF INITIATIVE
Thursday, October 22, 2020
LOBBY ACCESS LIMITED
Due to the recent increase in Covid-19 cases in the communities we serve, we have made the decision to close our lobbies to the public, and revert to appointment-only for lobby access effective Monday, October 26th. Our drive-thru lanes remain open during regular business hours to serve you, and the graphic below shows all the ways you can continue to bank with Range Bank.
Should you need to setup an appointment to visit one of our lobbies, please contact your local Range Bank office, or our contact center at 1-877-441-4042, option 1.
Thank you for your flexibility and patience during this time, and for your continued trust in Range Bank.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
LOBBY REOPENING UPDATE
Our lobbies are reopening today, Tuesday, September 8th. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers at each location. Below are some of the proactive steps we have taken to limit the risk of exposure, based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- We mask our faces, but not our enthusiasm. Per state requirements, face coverings must be worn by our staff and visitors, if medically able to do so. You may be asked to briefly pull down your mask for identification upon entering our lobbies. If you need a face covering when you visit, we have them available in our lobbies.
- Lend people some space. You will find social distancing decals on our lobby floors, please follow them when you visit.
- We are here to serve you. Our ticket counters are temporarily closed, but our employees are ready to assist you at the counter.
While we are looking forward to seeing you, please do not visit if you or a member of your household is feeling ill. We would be happy to connect with you through messaging on our digital banking or contact us at (877)441-4042 and we will be ready to assist you!
While we have taken great care readying our lobbies to serve you safely, remember, our drive-thrus continue to be open, and our digital banking allows contactless ways to deposit your checks and pay bills.
We appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you for your continued trust in Range Bank.
Friday, July 10, 2020
UPDATE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
As communicated earlier, Range Bank planned to reopen our remaining lobbies to the public on Monday, July 13th. Due to the recent change in the Upper Peninsula designation to a medium risk area, combined with the most recent Michigan Executive Order affecting many of the markets we serve, we have decided not to reopen the remaining lobbies at this time, and close those lobbies that were previously opened. As always, all Range Bank lobbies continue to be available by appointment. We welcome you to contact your local Range Bank office, or our contact center (1-877-441-4042) to setup an appointment. Drive-thrus at all branches remain open to serve you, as well as access to our digital banking tools.
Two of our drive-thru locations will reopen for Saturday hours effective Saturday, July 18th:
- Marquette McClellan Avenue
Please click here for a listing of current hours, which will be updated with the Saturday hours on Monday, July 13th.
The health of our customers and employees continues to be our top priority. In compliance with Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-147, a face covering will be required upon entering any Range Bank lobby for an appointment. We will have disposable masks available at each location if needed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this ever-evolving time, and will continue to keep you updated.
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
LOBBY REOPENING PLAN
Our team at Range Bank has been hard at work developing plans to safely reopen our lobbies and welcome customers back. We softly reopened four lobbies over the past two weeks: Houghton, Calumet, Negaunee and Marquette McClellan Avenue. Our remaining lobbies will reopen on Monday, July 13th. The safety of our customers and employees remains our top priority. Following new guidance and protocols, below is what we’ve done to safely welcome you back into our lobbies:
- Face coverings: Masks have been provided to all Range Bank employees, and are required in our lobbies while serving customers. We ask that customers please wear a face covering as well.
- Social Distancing: Floor decals have been installed in each lobby, to assist everyone in following social distancing requirements.
- Hygiene barriers: Plexi-glass hygiene barriers have been installed at each customer service window, and desktop barriers may be used where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Sanitization Stations: Hand-sanitization stations have been installed, and are available for your use at each location.
- Temporarily Closed Areas: Our ticket counters and self-serve digital banking kiosks are temporarily closed, but smiling staff is ready to assist you at the counter!
- Cleaning Protocols: Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place following CDC guidelines.
- Location Hours: All branches will continue to be closed on Saturdays, but staff can be available by appointment as needed. We encourage you to visit our Locations page on our website to verify branch hours.
Please note that you may be asked to briefly pull down your mask for identification upon entering our lobbies. Our drive-thrus and digital banking are no-contact or low-contact options for all your banking needs, and we encourage you to continue to use these avenues whenever possible.
As we navigate our new normal, we appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you for your continued trust in Range Bank.
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
LOBBY REOPENING PLAN
Range Bank softly reopened four of our lobbies over the past week: Houghton, Calumet, Negaunee and Marquette McClellan Avenue. We are happy to announce we are prepared to reopen our remaining lobbies on Monday, July 13th. We invite you to visit our Locations page for up-to-date branch hours, as some hours may have changed. In the meantime, we continue to serve customers through our drive-thrus, online and by appointment in our lobbies that are not yet open.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
UPDATE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- Our team at Range Bank is working hard on its own plans for opening our lobbies in a way that is safe for customers and employees. Plexiglass hygiene barriers are being installed at each of our branches and sanitation protocols will continue to be top of mind for our staff.
- We look forward to opening our lobbies for in-person interaction. While that date has not yet been determined, please know we are taking a thoughtful approach to when it will be and what it will look like
- In the meantime, our drive thrus are open and we are accessible by appointment for special circumstances. The graphic below can also help with understanding how you can continue banking with us.
- Click here to see the email that was recently sent to our customers regarding Range Bank’s plans to reopen.
Monday, April 27, 2020
RANGE BANK CONTINUES TO HELP BUSINESS CUSTOMERS WITH THE SECOND PHASE OF FUNDING THROUGH THE PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
- An additional $310 billion dollars has been allocated to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) to provide assistance to small businesses which were not approved during the initial round of funding. This includes:
- Cash to cover select business expenses (such as employee salaries and payroll support, rent or mortgage and utilities payments, insurance premiums)
- 6 months of deferred loan payments
- Loan forgiveness (a portion, or possibly all, of your loan may be forgiven)
- Information on the PPP can be found on the U.S. Department of Treasury website: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/top-priorities/cares-act/assistance-for-small-businesses
- If you need assistance with the program, please contact your lender. If you are a business deposit customer without a loan relationship, please contact Bryan Spaeth at (906) 226-1009 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), many of our customers will receive an economic impact payment as early as this week. There have been numerous questions about the payments and we want to provide you with some information about them. Based on adjusted gross income thresholds, eligible taxpayers will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples and up to $500 for each qualifying child. For additional details on what you qualify for, please visit www.irs.gov.
There will be significant dollar amounts disbursed to qualifying individuals across the country, which we know will present the risk for fraud. The IRS will not be reaching out by phone, email, mail or in person asking for any kind of information to complete economic impact payments. Here are a few things to watch out for from scammers:
- Asking the taxpayer to sign over their economic impact payment check to them.
- Asking by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information saying that the information is needed to receive or speed up their economic impact payment.
- Suggesting they can get a tax refund or economic impact payment faster by working on the taxpayer's behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
- Mailing the taxpayer a bogus check, perhaps in an odd amount, then telling the taxpayer to call a number or verify information online in order to cash it.
People across the country are regularly checking their digital banking accounts to see if their economic impact payments have been received. At times, the level of activity has temporarily disabled online account access at various financial institutions. If you run into this issue, please know that it is being addressed. Our team is available by phone at (877) 441-4042 or via email at email@example.com.
Range Bank has been Community Strong for over 130 years. We will get through these challenging times together. Thank you for trusting us with your financial needs.
Monday, April 6, 2020
As we know, COVID-19 has temporarily changed so much of the way we live. We are operating with a “new normal” these days, but we are always here for you. Here’s a graphic to help you understand how you can continue to do your banking with Range Bank.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
RANGE BANK BUSINESS CUSTOMERS – UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE CARES ACT BELOW:
- We have received additional information to help our customers understand the CARES Act Programs which include the Paycheck Protection Program. The information can be found by clicking on the U.S. Department of the Treasury web site: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/top-priorities/cares-act/assistance-for-small-businesses
- The information includes the application for borrowers as well as additional information our businesses need to know.
- As always, we are here to answer any questions you have although all banks are waiting for additional documents and answers from the treasury which we hope to have prior to the start date of Friday, April 3rd.
- If you are a current customer with a business lending relationship, please contact your lender to learn more about the program. You can click HERE to access our lenders contact information.
- If you are a business deposit customer or do not currently have a relationship with Range Bank, please contact Bryan Spaeth at (906) 226-1009 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the programs available.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
RANGE BANK IS HERE TO HELP OUR MORTGAGE CUSTOMERS! HERE IS SOME INFORMATION TO ASSIST YOU IN GETTING HELP:
The new CARES Act contains language to help customers with home loans that Range Bank services.
Range Bank can help borrowers who request and make an affirmation of financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- The period can be up to 180 days based on our borrower’s request.
- There will be no penalties, fees or extra interest during the forbearance period. Note that the term forbearance is an option to delay your payments.
- Some limitations apply so contact your lender for further details. Click HERE to find the contact information for your mortgage lender.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
RANGE BANK IS HERE TO HELP OUR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS! HERE ARE SOME FACTS TO ASSIST YOUR BUSINESS IN GETTING HELP:
The new CARES Act was recently passed by the federal government and there are programs included to help businesses during this cash flow crisis.
- We have attached a Small Business Owner Guide to CARES Programs issued by the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship. Click HERE to view.
- We are an SBA 7(a) lender and can help our small business customers access funds from the Paycheck Protection Program once the guidelines are released to all banks. The guidelines should be available soon and we will provide updated information once they are received.
- If you are a current customer with a business lending relationship please contact your lender to learn more about the program. You can click HERE to access our lenders contact information.
- If you are a business deposit customer or do not currently have a relationship with Range Bank then please contact Bryan Spaeth at (906)226-1009 or at email@example.com to learn more about the programs available.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Starting Saturday, March 28th all Range Bank offices will be temporarily closed on Saturdays. To help minimize the exposure and risk of COVID-19, we are temporarily closing our offices on Saturdays while the ‘Stay Home, Stay Safe’ executive order is in effect. Our drive-thru’s continue to remain open during normal business hours during the week. Thank you for understanding. We encourage you to use our digital banking tools during this time. To learn more about our digital banking tools visit: RangeBank.com/digital-banking.
Monday, March 23, 2020
Governor Whitmer of Michigan and Governor Evers of Wisconsin both ordered all non-life-sustaining or protecting businesses to close their physical locations as of Tuesday, March 24th in Michigan and Wednesday, March 25th in Wisconsin. Range Bank is an essential business and WILL be open for business.
We are here to take care of all your banking needs. Our drive-thru’s are open and we are available in extreme situations by appointment. Please know that we continue to be of service to you and can be reached by:
- Letting the Customer Service Representative in the drive-thru know.
- Contacting us at (877)441-4042.
- Through messaging on our digital banking, or at RangeBank.com.
- Direct numbers to many of our team-members can be found at RangeBank.com by clicking on contact us under the resources tab. Many of our employees are working remotely, so please leave a detailed message and they will return your call.
As the coronavirus impacts our communities, it won't impact our commitment to serve you. Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we all deal with this situation, and for your continued trust in Range Bank.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Over the past week, many actions have been put in place by our government to protect the health of our communities against COVID-19. We want to share with you the safety precautions Range Bank is taking.
While we remain open and ready for business, starting March 18, 2020, in order to limit non-essential personal interactions, we are limiting our service to drive-thru only. Our branch lobbies will be accessible by appointment for special circumstances. Please know that we continue to be of service to you and can be reached by letting the Customer Service Representative in the drive-thru know, by contacting us at (877)441-4042, through messaging on our digital banking, or at RangeBank.com. Direct numbers to many of our team-members can be found at RangeBank.com by clicking on contact us under the resources tab.
Apart from the fact that we are temporarily shifting how we serve you, your money is safe, and you will see no change in the service that you receive. Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we all deal with this situation.
Friday, March 13, 2020
To help minimize the exposure and risk of COVID-19, we are asking customers to utilize our drive-thru banking and limit visiting our lobbies. We are actively monitoring the situation and will inform you if further precautions are necessary. We encourage customers to use our digital banking tools, which allow you to complete a wide variety of transactions from the convenience of your home.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we feel it is important to connect with you and share the actions that Range Bank is taking to prepare, as well as steps you can take to be prepared, should the impact to our communities increase.
Most importantly - what does this mean for you and your finances? Don’t panic – prepare. Sometimes just the act of planning helps to ease the stress of facing the unknown. We encourage you to take a proactive approach, with these strategies for financial preparedness:
- Make the most of our digital banking services.
This step is the most important, and easiest, to accomplish when it comes to financial preparedness. Range Bank offers a full suite of digital banking services, both online and mobile, that are user-friendly and easy to use. Customers with online and mobile accounts can complete a wide variety of transactions from the convenience of their homes, including:
- Checking account balances 24/7
- Access to monthly bank statements
- Paying bills with Bill Pay
- Depositing checks through our mobile app, simply by taking a photo of the check with a smartphone
- Transferring money between accounts
These are just a few ways that digital banking makes it easier to maintain finances without leaving home. To learn more about Range Bank’s digital banking services, visit rangebank.com/digital-banking.
- Enroll in mobile deposit.
Those who receive paper checks from their employers or Federal benefits should enroll in mobile deposit. With mobile deposit, you can deposit your check into your Range Bank account simply by taking a photo of your check with your smart phone. To learn more, visit rangebank.com/personal/mobile-deposit.
- Have some cash on hand.
While the safest place for your money is the bank, as it’s secure and convenient to access. It’s always a good idea to keep some cash handy in a safe, secure place – just in case.
Range Bank will closely monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials in our region. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions. Continue to visit this page to read the latest updates from Range Bank regarding the coronavirus.
In addition, we realize how important access to banking services is and that is why we have been proactive in preparing should governmental agencies require companies to close and/or require employees to stay home. We have implemented a plan for critical functions to continue operating remotely should it be necessary.
Thank you for your continued trust in Range Bank.
Your friends at Range Bank
We are here to help.
Please know that we continue to be of service to you and can be reached by:
- Contacting us at (877) 441-4042
- Through messaging on our digital banking
- Direct numbers to many of our team-members can be found on our Contact Us page.